Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there food?
- No. The Yumi is self sufficient and derives its functional energy from the elements.
- Does the Yumi run away or die?
- No. The Yumi is immortal and it will never run away.
- Can I use the Yumi as a pet?
- Yes! Any Yumi rescued from the portal is a companion for life. You can carry them on your shoulder any time you wish.
- Is this breeding?
- It's not breedables, it's better! It's a rescue operation! Use your puzzle skills to open up a portal and rescue various
tribes of beautiful nether creatures called Yumies.Each Yumi that comes out of the portal may possess several genetic traits that
vary based on their cultural tribe.
- Bands of Cypher does not use any existing code related to pets or breeding. It is brand new code written from scratch and is
based on an award-winning puzzles created by Cytherion Revnik in 1998.
- Are they laggy?
- Not at all, a Yumi neural network is very well designed and does not cause lag. They will run on an average between 0.001ms-0.005ms even on full active mode.
- How do I carry a Yumi on my shoulder?
- Right-click the Yumi inworld and select 'Wear'. If the Yumi is in your inventory, you can right-click and select 'Wear' from your inventory.
- Can I take my Yumi into my inventory?
- Absolutely yes! You can take them into your inventory, attach them, or rez them as many times as you like.
- What is the difference between Bands of Cypher I and Bands of Cypher II?
- Bands of Cypher I allows the discovery of Abundant to Artifacted Yumies. Bands of Cypher II allows the discovery of even rarer tribes from Splendor to Ancient Yumies.
Bands of Cypher II also allows for crystal crafting with the Crystal Crafting Artifact. These crystals include bonuses to Nether times for all Yumies.
- What are the costs I will incur while playing the game?
- Bands of Cypher I Portal
- Crystal Crafting Artifact
- Bands of Cypher II Portal
- How many portals will I need to play the game?
- It is at your discretion. As long as you are enjoying the game, you can purchase more portals to rescue more Yumies.
- How many Yumies can appear from one Bands of Cypher I Portal?
- There is no limit! The Yumies are still a bit weary coming through the portal at times and may not respond every time the passage is open.
On an average you will see 15 Yumies from the portal, and if you are lucky you may see even more!
- How many Yumies can appear from one Bands of Cypher II Portal?
- On an average you will see 15 Yumies or more from the portal based on your puzzle performance.
- What do I do if the portal is open and a Yumi doesn't come out of the portal?
- Check the Trouble Shooting section of this document.
- My achievement points are not updating as I'm discovering Yumies.
- Achievement points are rewarding when major milestones are reached. Your achievement points will then roll over into the next level bracket.
- How many prims is a Yumi pet?
- 23 for Guardian Yumies and 20 prims for ELE Yumies. However, a Yumi can transform into a single prim crystal form at any time. If your land is low on prims,
you may keep your Yumies in Crystal form as long as you like.
- How do I convert my Yumi's Crystal form back to Elemental form?
- Touch the crystal and select 'Elemental' in the menu. The Yumi will transform within a few seconds.
- Can I resell?
- You may resell a Yumi in Elemental form provided it has probably completed its birth cycle and is registered with the nether.
You may resell a Yumi in Crystal form provided a Yumi is residing inside the crystal. You may not resell a portal, an unborn Yumi,
or any other components that have been tampered with.
- NOTE: When selling a Yumi in Elemental or Crystal form 'Original' option must be selected. Do not buy or sell a Yumi if 'Contents' is checked. Refer to Object Sale Types tutorial for examples
- How do I know if a Yumi in Elemental or Crystal form has been registered with the nether?
- Upon birth (Yumi has entered your dimension through the portal) you will receive a message 'Yumi appearance reported to the nether'.
- How do I know if the Yumi in Elemental or Crystal form is legit?
- Check for 3 things in order to determine legitimacy:
- Right-click->Edit, click General tab and click Profile button next to the 'Creator:' to check the creator. The profile that opens must say 'AssassinsGrid Resident'
- When you touch the Yumi, the hover text will have a proper name separated by 3 dashes.
- Make sure the Yumi object (Elemental or Crystal form) has a selection outline around it when you are verifying creator (refer to Wiki Building Tips for outline example). Buy and sell the Yumies in Elemental and Crystal form at your own risk.