Drones are an essential part to the economy of The Grid. With the use of drones harvesting resources for you, you are able to
craft items or trade a bunch of resources with little of your own time spent gathering. All harvesting drones include a resource type to harvest,
storage capacity, life span and gathering speed. The variety of drones are available based on your current necessity. If you
wish for the drone to gather while you are sleeping, you may want to consider using the standard Harvesting Drones. However,
if you need supplies, teas or other craftable items made quickly, you would want a Hyperspeed Drone which can harvest very quickly in
a short period of time. Harvesting Droids also harvest as a more rapid pace and are used for more rare halcyon resources.
Each drone is able to harvest one type of resource:
- Bio: Biological resources include: meat, potato, algae, aloe, sage, hawthorn, sticky flower and spice.
- Mecha: Metallic resources include: lead, iron, magnesium and mercury.
- Orga: Organic resources include: water, coal, carbon, limestone, nitrate and geochemical.
- Rare: Rare resources include: depleted uranium, palladium and radio carbon.
- Synth: Synthetic resources include: cloth and dirty bandaid.
The storage capacity of a drone is how much it can hold before you need to collect the resources harvested.
There are a variety of drones with different storage capacity:
- Light Harvesting Drone: 60 Resources
- Medium Harvesting Drone: 90 Resources
- Heavy Harvesting Drone: 150 Resources
- Light Hyperspeed Drone: 10 Resources
The lifespan of a drone is how many Collections it can perform. When you collect the resources a drone gathers, its
lifespan will then be reduced by one. When the drone runs out of collection uses, it will fizzle and become disabled.
There are a variety of drones with different lifespans:
- Light Harvesting Drone: 100 Collection Uses
- Medium Harvesting Drone: 120 Collection Uses
- Heavy Harvesting Drone: 150 Collection Uses
- Light Hyperspeed Drone: 10 Collection Uses
The gathering speed of a drone is how fast it takes a drone to collect a resource. This can vary based on which drone
you decide to use:
- Light Harvesting Drone: 2 Minutes
- Medium Harvesting Drone: 2 Minutes
- Heavy Harvesting Drone: 2 Minutes
- Light Hyperspeed Drone: 30 Seconds
A Drone Hive
will automatically collect from all your Drone IIs in the region once they have reached their capacity. This ultra-low
lag device not only collects from your drones, but can also automatically deposit to your online AG inventory when a certain
user-defined Threshold is reached. The drones will automatically deposit their harvest into one centralized location,
the Drone Hive. You can then update your AG inventory with a batch of resources from the Drone Hive.
You can have multiple Drone Hives on the same region however only one is necessary per region. The Drone Hive is permanent and can handle up to 1,000 drones.